The Jaspen Corporation Hosting Terms of Service
Credit card payments to your account can be made via telephone during business hours or anytime via the secure online form at located in our payment area. Payment by check or money order can be sent to our billing address.
Payment of your hosting charges and any subsequent billing acknowledges your acceptance of these terms. These terms are subject to change without prior notice. It is your responsibility to periodically check this page for any updates or changes to TOS.
To report violations of this TOS, please contact email@example.com
- Under no circumstances will the action of SPAMMING be tolerated. You are expressly prohibited from sending unsolicited bulk mail messages ("junk mail" or "spam"). This includes, but is not limited to, bulk-mailing of commercial advertising, information announcements, and political tracts. Such material may only be sent to those who have specifically requested it. Malicious or threatening email is also prohibited. Violators will have all services immediately terminated and no refunds will be issued. To report this type of violation please forward email with full headers to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All content that you upload to this server will be considered to be your own intellectual property. The Jaspen Corporation will hold no copyright claims to your electronic files.
- Your site content (files) may not exceed the quota of your hosting plan. If you exceed your hosting quota, you will be notified and billed for one month of service, at the rate of $0.50 per megabyte over your quota. You will have until the last day of the calendar month to reduce your usage OR upgrade to a hosting plan suitable to your needs. If you do not reduce your usage or upgrade your hosting plan, your services will be terminated on the last day of the calendar month without refund. The Jaspen Corporation will not be responsible for moving, reconfiguring or updating files that need to be moved to an upgraded server for this reason.
- You may not post, publish, illustrate or upload any material that violates or infringes on the copyright, intellectual property rights or trademark rights of any individual or organization. This includes, but is not limited to, all sound and video files/formats, images, and text media. This also applies to linking directly to illegal files or other sites that offer any illegal material.
- You may not post, publish, illustrate or upload any material that is grossly offensive to the general on-line community, including but not limited to, exploitation of children, blatant expressions of bigotry, hatred, harassment, defamation, invasion of privacy. This includes material that defames, abuses, harasses or threatens any person or group.
- Adult content is not allowed. Adult content is considered to be anything that contains nudity, pornography, or sexual material of a lewd, lecherous or obscene nature and intent, or that violates local, state, national or international laws.
- The Jaspen Corporation reserves the right to remove or deactivate without notice any type of script, file or programming that violates these terms of service or interferes with the operation of your web server.
- The Jaspen Corporation reserves the right to remove material(s) from the server(s) that are in violation of these terms and immediately discontinue service to any person(s) in violation of these terms.
- You are solely and fully responsible for the contents of your web space and backing up those contents on a regular basis. Any and all repercussions will be born solely by you as the account holder. The Jaspen Corporation will not be held responsible or accountable for any materials published, stored or otherwise held in your web folder.
- The Jaspen Corporation makes no guarantee of availability of service(s) and reserves the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the hosting service without notice.
- The Jaspen Corporation will not be held liable for any damages, including, without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or punitive damages arising out of the use of or inability to use The Jaspen Corporation service(s) or any content thereon.
- This disclaimer applies, without limitation, to any damages or injury, whether for breach of contract, tort, or otherwise, caused by any failure of performance; error; omission; interruption; deletion; defect; delay in operation or transmission; computer virus; file corruption; communication line failure; network or system outage; or theft, destruction, unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of any record.
- The Jaspen Corporation reserves the right to change or amend these TERMS OF SERVICE at any time and without prior notice. It is your responsibility to be familiar with these Guidelines in the event that they change at any future time.
- Either party may terminate or cancel hosting at any time by providing written notice to or from the registered domain owner and/or the responsible billing party.
- Prorated Refunds on cancelled annual web hosting (only) will be calculated by deducting from last payment the current quarterly charge in full for each quarter and partial quarter used from the start date of your current billing cycle to the last day of the month in which your cancellation request was received. No refunds will be issued on quarterly web hosting. See Refund Policy for more details.
- A charge of $10.00 will be applied to your account for downgrading of your hosting plan within your current hosting type. (i.e. Flex100 to Flex50) A charge of $20.00 will be applied for upgrading or changing your hosting type (i.e. Flex to Signature). There are no charges for upgrading within your hosting type.
- Downgrading of hosting plans may incur the loss of such services as Urchin webstats, mySQL access and the reduction of available email addresses.
- Change of hosting type may require you to transfer files and/or databases. You will be given ample opportunity and access to make these transfers prior to the change over. The Jaspen Corporation is not responsible for file transfers or required reconfiguration of scripts or programming after the transfer.
- Requests for upgrading or downgrading must be made from your email account to our billing email address. Changes are effective within 24 hours, or 24 hours after payment on applied charges is received.
- The Jaspen Corporation reserves the right to discontinue all services without notice to any account that has had three or more late payments during the course of service or accounts that are more than 15 days past due.
- Choice of Law: Any disputes regarding these terms of service will be litigated in Chautauqua County, California. These terms shall be construed under the laws of the State of California.